Let’s learn the psychology behind our favourite color!
The color pink represents compassion, nurturing and love. It relates to unconditional love and understanding, and the giving and receiving of nurturing.
A combination of red and white, pink contains the need for action of red, helping it to achieve the potential for success and insight offered by white. It is the passion and power of red softened with the purity, openness and completeness of white. The deeper the pink, the more passion and energy it exhibits.
Pink is feminine and romantic, affectionate and intimate, thoughtful and caring. It tones down the physical passion of red replacing it with a gentle loving energy.
Pink is intuitive and insightful, showing tenderness and kindness with its empathy and sensitivity.
In color psychology, pink is a sign of hope. It is a positive color inspiring warm and comforting feelings, a sense that everything will be okay.
REMEMBER! Every color has its positive and negative traits
Positive keywords include: unconditional and romantic love, compassion and understanding, nurturing, romance, warmth, hope, calming, sweetness, naiveté, feminine and intuitive energy.
Negative keywords include: being over-emotional and over-cautious, having emotional neediness or unrealistic expectations, being immature and girlish, lack of will power and lack of self worth.
Personality Color Pink
While you may not exhibit all the character traits of a personality color pink as listed here, if this is your favorite color you will find yourself somewhere in the description. You may also find you exhibit some of the negative traits, particularly when you are stressed.
If Your Favorite Color is Pink
- If pink is your favorite color, you are loving, kind, generous and sensitive to the needs of others.
- You are friendly and approachable with a warmth and softness others are drawn to.
- You are the nurturers of the world – you love to give nurturing and to receive nurturing in return
- With a personality color pink, you have a maternal instinct, with a need to protect and take care of others. You also have a need for this caring to be reciprocated as you do tend to neglect yourself in your determination to take care of the needs of others.
- You are very much in touch with your femininity – this includes men who are in touch with their feminine side.
- You are romantic and sensual and sensitive.
- With your optimistic and positive outlook on life, you see the good in everyone.
- You are methodical and organized, although you can sometimes be rather flippant when the immature girly side of pink appears.
- You are refined, reserved, calm and non-violent which may give the impression of shyness.
- You have a naivety, sweetness and beauty about you which can become girlish and immature in some.
- You have a youthful appearance, even into old age, looking younger than you really are, even to the point of looking dainty, frail and vulnerable.
- The challenge for you is to become more self-reliant and to learn to love yourself, then love and acceptance will be returned to you multiplied.